How much do academic writers make? We bet you’ve been asking yourself this question a thousand times and we’ve decided to finally give you the answer that will satisfy your interest and bring you some benefits. You may wonder what exactly you will get from knowing how much your colleagues earn, and we will tell you that:
So, are you ready to find out how much do freelance academic writers earn in Kenya, Pakistan and India? Then, here we go.
We have conducted an extensive research where we have surveyed freelance academic writers 35% of whom are from Kenya, 35% - from Pakistan, and 30% - from India. We have counted the rates on a payment per page basis where the average page in the industry is 275 words. As you can see from the infographic, we call writers who have just started working in academic writing beginners, and those who have been writing academic papers for 4-6 months – regulars: they can’t be called experienced or experts yet, though they are already qualified enough to demand a raise from their employers or look for more profitable gigs. We have discovered 7 interesting facts:
1. Kenyans earn more ($2.6/page as beginners, $7-35/page as regulars) than freelance academic writers from India ($1.6/page as beginners, $3-10/page as regulars) and Pakistan ($2.5/page as beginners, $5-15/page as regulars). This fact concerns both the beginning stage in the career as well as the time when they raise their rates after gaining some experience.
2. Indians have the lowest rates ($1.6/page as beginners, $3-10/page as regulars) among freelance academic writers from Kenya and Pakistan.
3. Writers sometimes get paid per page or per word, so whenever you are looking for a job, be attentive while discussing the terms and calculate the average sum you’ll get per page to understand whether it is normal.
4. Academic writers usually raise their rates after 4-6 months of working in the industry. Though there are exceptions like Amna Sabir writer from Pakistan. She worked for 6 years with a rate of $0.009/word ($2.4/page) and raised it to $0.02/word ($5.5/page) only after changing the company she worked for.
5. People who work for writers with accounts in writing agencies earn much less than the account owners and writers who work directly for writing agencies. Alex Omari from Kenya told us that “as an academic writer, I started by charging very low rates $3-5 per page … I was also working under a friend of mine who was mentoring me, he was paid about $7-15 per page by the company he worked for.”
6. Employers are very reluctant to improve the rates by themselves that’s why after working for some time, you need to demand a raise and if they refuse, look for another company/person. “I have never failed any assignment … and in spite of providing high quality, commitment to work and time management skills, my previous recruiter never raised the price per word. Whenever it was demanded, they used to say that it was a market price. ” says Amna Sabir from Pakistan.
7. If you want to charge more money for your writing, you need to either change your employer/company or to look for direct clients. Dan Kogei from Kenya proves the point: “However, after I started working directly with a few clients I had, my average rate jumped to $10, which I have held for a while now.”
We hope that you will use this information to your benefit. You need to remember that many academic writers haven’t had access to such kind of data and that’s why some of them have worked and continue working under awfully low rates just because they are told that this is the “market price”. Malachi Gichunge shares his experience: “Well, it was such a struggle in the beginning. Rates were as low as $2/page. I did not know much about academic sites and direct clients. So, I had to work under someone.” As you can see, you can consider yourself pretty much lucky because you have all the aces up your sleeve, so use this opportunity wisely.
And, finally, some sound advice from an experience Indian writer Punalur Chandrasekharan: “Please, do not take all orders that come to you. Be choosy, and do the best you can do with the papers you are writing, and never try to take more than you could chew at a time. It can end up in chaos, and loss of money, and along with it your credibility as a good writer.”
Dear Sir/mam, If is there any work available of data entry operator kindly contact me &nb..
Can you share you plan for academic writing?? What can you give in $10. Fiverr Vs UpWork
I run an academic writing firm with highly qualified writers who are graduates from various academic field I can deal with at least 6 orders a day. My revisions are unlimited and free I can work under..
Hi. I am a writer. your forum sounds good. can I join you?
The site has a poor CPP actually, I see it as a modern slavery. You work for a CPP of 3-4 maximum yet the clients pay close to $20 a page. Academia-Research was once a giant and it has since become a ..
Your best Assignment Writing must touch your expert career. When you complete your degree program, you walk into your professional career which is a little way. So think of a dissertation subject..
I'm an experienced academic writer proficient with APA, MLA, Harvard referncing. Email me at email@example.com
Hi, Are you hiring professional writers?
We never leave you without grammar quiz once we have learned something new. If you need, before taking this one, go back and check on the rules for using numbers in academic writing. Good luck! ..
Sasha B., 29, is an academic writer and a ghostwriter. She tried working with different agencies, and WizardWriters was among them. Sasha spent about 3,5 ye..
Thank you for registration. An email has been sent to your email with instructions how to activate your account.