You know everything about making money writing, but what about winning some cash for the same activity? There are dozens of literary contests waiting for you to apply. In this article, we will give you the condensed information about such competitions and offer contests to enter right now. We believe there is no need to motivate you on winning up to $1500, so only useful hints, no aside talks.
It is good to start with such contests because participation takes not too much time and efforts and you can see it as a great practice accompanied by an opportunity to win some cash. It is a common practice to publish top-10 articles, not only a winning one. Even if you don't receive money, you have good chances to level up your portfolio. Just remember that mostly submitting your blog post to be considered within a contest you automatically sign away your rights for it, and can't use it further.
Prizes: $50 - $350 for a post.
Short stories, small collections of essays. The topic might be predetermined or free. In most cases, you don’t sign away rights when sending your stories, so if they don’t publish you as a winner, rights are all yours. If you have something written, don’t be afraid to take part and send, later you will be able to use it for other competitions. It is even possible you will receive a professional review regarding your pieces of writing.
Prizes: Up to $15 000 for books over 100 pages, up to $4000 for short stories.
The most popular type of modern writing competitions. It can be about anything - education, a particular city, political events, popular science, psychology. Non-fiction contests are often organized to find writers to work on Kindle books for Amazon. So you have a chance not only to win money but find an interesting side job.
Prizes: $50 - $2500
1. Read instructions carefully. If you don’t match word count, deadline, topic or any other point, you will not be considered as a contestant. Don’t hope to compensate it with an incredible story or sophisticated writing - they just won’t read you.
2. Go through the previously posted materials. If it is a blog, get to know what types of articles they post, which tone of voice they prefer and which topics gather the most feedback from readers.
3. Get to know who is paying. If a contest has a sponsor, learn more about him. It doesn't mean you should write a novel about how Procter & Gamble saved your life, but it won’t be wise to doom big corporations in your piece of writing. Win money now, save the world later.
4. Put efforts into your title. It should intrigue and make a jury member willing to read it. Yes, they are obligated to read everything… But in reality, we bet, they don’t. Write a bright title and an impressive entry to have a fair shot in this battle.
5. Use your personal experience. You lived through it, so you can describe it bright. Even if the topic is not related to your personal story, try to find an opportunity to use it. Real people like to read about real people.
6. Follow the classic drama structure. If you write fiction it is just a must, if you submit a blog entry or a nonfiction piece, drama might become your ticket to the top. The classic structure is as follows:
There might be more stages, but these you just can’t skip. Even if you write a non-fiction entry, create drama, state a problem, and solve it. Remember, people don’t like to read about total winners, so don’t forget to show some failures in your way or in your hero’s way.
7. Read your text aloud. It is a must. If you lack air in the middle of the sentence - cut it. If you find a word or expression you need to read twice to do it right - delete it or change it.
8. Repeat. Hardly anyone wins a writing contest from the first try, so don’t judge yourself too harshly if you don’t get the first prize immediately.
Even if you don’t live in Brooklyn, you can submit your ideas on how a life goes there and how it should.
Due: Nov 23, 2017
Pages: from 4 to 10
Prize: up to $500
You can find a number of writing challenges there. They are rather simple, don’t require much work. Great place to start!
Due: 3-6 weeks from now
Prize: $50 - $400
Every Friday Reedsy.com send prompts and you can write a short story using one of them.
Pages: blog post entry
Choose one out of three topics: imagining climate futures, scientific accuracy and understanding, climate changes and human responses.
Due: Feb 28, 2018
Pages: up to 5000 words, any genre
Prize: $50 - $1000
Academic writers, you know what to do :)
Due: Nov 30, 2017
Pages: up to 1000 words
Prize: $400 - $1000
If you followed and advice and wrote a book for Amazon, it’s your chance.
Due: Dec 10, 2017
Pages: Not limited
Prize: A Kindle Reader and a book review
The legendary contest for poets with humor.
Due: Apr 1, 2018
Pages: up to 250 lines in length
Prize: $100 - $2500
You could involve the website through a mobile application, Zoosk Log In Attributes Of Zoosk-- Why Regional Songs Love Zoosk.
You can have a tour with all their research. Get informed with all brand-new. merrilllynchlogin Allow whatever the application requests for double check the caps lock.
Very Interesting and wonderfull information keep sharing seo group buy
mt0316 http://www.canadagooseukjackets.me.uk http://www.canadagoosejacketscoats.org.uk http://www.oakley--sunglasses.us.org http://www.pandoracharms-uk.org.uk http://wwwcanadagoose-jacketsuk.com.co ht..
If you do not have an apple id, established it up iCloud Log In that you made use of on one gadget are offered on an additional.
Appreciated perusing the article above This article is followed by many people to find reviews. help with assignment writing every post needed for understanding your? website shared new concepts. Then..
mt0316 burberry outlet canada canada goose outlet moncler jackets kate spade outlet store ralph laurendoudoune moncler christian louboutin nike air max pandora ..
You need to additionally report any issues with a rough area. How to Delete POF Account (Ple... One for legitimate days as well as one more for their secret sexploits.
There are so many big opportunities for academic writers. But we bet that very often you get lost and overwhelmed by this diversity. However, we are ready to guide you and give you a few ideas how to..
Most people think that it is quite easy to be a writer, a fiction or nonfiction one. They believe that there is nothing overwhelming about opening several tabs in Google Chrome or textbooks and gettin..
Thank you for registration. An email has been sent to your email with instructions how to activate your account.