This is an error message
Forum

Created by Nibler

In category:
General
16.09.2015 11:45

Thread for your strange questions

Let's post here the most strange question you have. 

My question:

The origins of English vocabulary: 28% French, 28% Latin, 25% Germanic, 5% Greek, 4% Unknown, 1% Other, 3% Proper Names = 94%...where's the other 6%?

Comments

  • Nova

    17.09.2015 15:08

    So I had a strange question :
    what to answer if somebody of your friends constantly asking to write essays/papers for him (for free)?

    • Landon

      21.09.2015 09:22

      I had the same situation...
      I answered very honestly, that I did not have a time for free work and provided an example with this situation (he was a dentist). I asked if he could treat my for free.

  • Lucy

    23.09.2015 07:57

    I've read the real Wikipedia excerpt:

    • vLangue d'oïl, including French and Old Norman: 28.3%
    • Latin, including modern scientific and technical Latin: 28.24%
    • Germanic languages (including words directly inherited from Old English; does not include Germanic words coming from the Germanic element in French, Latin or other Romance languages): 25%
    • Greek: 5.32%
    • No etymology given: 4.03%
    • Derived from proper names: 3.28%
    • All other languages: less than 1%

    I guess the last line means, "all other languages, less than 1%" each

    Edit: By the way, they don't add to 94% but to 95.17%

Write a Comment:

Writing Tutoring: New Market for Academic Writers

  There are two major ways to increase your earnings: extensive and intensive. Recollect high-school History course: some tribes tried to cultivate more and more land with the same equipment and..

When the Party's Over: 5 Signals You Are Through with Academic Writing

Academic writing is not only a profitable occupation but also a respectful and meaningful job, which, as we believe can change the world for better. At the same time, being an academic writer is chal..

© 2017 EssayLancers.com
close

Thank You

Thank you for registration. An email has been sent to your email with instructions how to activate your account.

close

Recover password

To reset your password, enter the email address that you use to sign in to EssayLancers. This can be your EssayLancers address, your EssayLancers Apps email address or another email address associated with your account.