You know everything about making money writing, but what about winning some cash for the same activity? There are dozens of literary contests waiting for you to apply. In this article, we will give you the condensed information about such competitions and offer contests to enter right now. We believe there is no need to motivate you on winning up to $1500, so only useful hints, no aside talks.
It is good to start with such contests because participation takes not too much time and efforts and you can see it as a great practice accompanied by an opportunity to win some cash. It is a common practice to publish top-10 articles, not only a winning one. Even if you don't receive money, you have good chances to level up your portfolio. Just remember that mostly submitting your blog post to be considered within a contest you automatically sign away your rights for it, and can't use it further.
Prizes: $50 - $350 for a post.
Short stories, small collections of essays. The topic might be predetermined or free. In most cases, you don’t sign away rights when sending your stories, so if they don’t publish you as a winner, rights are all yours. If you have something written, don’t be afraid to take part and send, later you will be able to use it for other competitions. It is even possible you will receive a professional review regarding your pieces of writing.
Prizes: Up to $15 000 for books over 100 pages, up to $4000 for short stories.
The most popular type of modern writing competitions. It can be about anything - education, a particular city, political events, popular science, psychology. Non-fiction contests are often organized to find writers to work on Kindle books for Amazon. So you have a chance not only to win money but find an interesting side job.
Prizes: $50 - $2500
1. Read instructions carefully. If you don’t match word count, deadline, topic or any other point, you will not be considered as a contestant. Don’t hope to compensate it with an incredible story or sophisticated writing - they just won’t read you.
2. Go through the previously posted materials. If it is a blog, get to know what types of articles they post, which tone of voice they prefer and which topics gather the most feedback from readers.
3. Get to know who is paying. If a contest has a sponsor, learn more about him. It doesn't mean you should write a novel about how Procter & Gamble saved your life, but it won’t be wise to doom big corporations in your piece of writing. Win money now, save the world later.
4. Put efforts into your title. It should intrigue and make a jury member willing to read it. Yes, they are obligated to read everything… But in reality, we bet, they don’t. Write a bright title and an impressive entry to have a fair shot in this battle.
5. Use your personal experience. You lived through it, so you can describe it bright. Even if the topic is not related to your personal story, try to find an opportunity to use it. Real people like to read about real people.
6. Follow the classic drama structure. If you write fiction it is just a must, if you submit a blog entry or a nonfiction piece, drama might become your ticket to the top. The classic structure is as follows:
There might be more stages, but these you just can’t skip. Even if you write a non-fiction entry, create drama, state a problem, and solve it. Remember, people don’t like to read about total winners, so don’t forget to show some failures in your way or in your hero’s way.
7. Read your text aloud. It is a must. If you lack air in the middle of the sentence - cut it. If you find a word or expression you need to read twice to do it right - delete it or change it.
8. Repeat. Hardly anyone wins a writing contest from the first try, so don’t judge yourself too harshly if you don’t get the first prize immediately.
Even if you don’t live in Brooklyn, you can submit your ideas on how a life goes there and how it should.
Due: Nov 23, 2017
Pages: from 4 to 10
Prize: up to $500
You can find a number of writing challenges there. They are rather simple, don’t require much work. Great place to start!
Due: 3-6 weeks from now
Prize: $50 - $400
Every Friday Reedsy.com send prompts and you can write a short story using one of them.
Pages: blog post entry
Choose one out of three topics: imagining climate futures, scientific accuracy and understanding, climate changes and human responses.
Due: Feb 28, 2018
Pages: up to 5000 words, any genre
Prize: $50 - $1000
Academic writers, you know what to do :)
Due: Nov 30, 2017
Pages: up to 1000 words
Prize: $400 - $1000
If you followed and advice and wrote a book for Amazon, it’s your chance.
Due: Dec 10, 2017
Pages: Not limited
Prize: A Kindle Reader and a book review
The legendary contest for poets with humor.
Due: Apr 1, 2018
Pages: up to 250 lines in length
Prize: $100 - $2500
The problem of choice of horoscope lucky numbers is not so complicated, if the speech is about several companies connected with it.
Essays describing gambler gifts for the large casino can be found everywhere in the Web as you wanted to get.
If you want to do the large PhD research and complete the connected paper in gambling, you can see a lot of information here https://casinos-top-online.co.uk/top-online-slots/
All the problems of the newbie's connected with the gambler gifts can be resolved with the professional approach to the desciption.
Letters for application and fellowship ones can be written not only for the large corporations, but for the companies like this https://casinos-top-online.co....
Academic writing services can be applied not only for the learning, but for the gambling, for example, this https://live-casino-online.org...
Essay writing can be applied for the following company https://live-casino-online.org... also as one of the helpful elements.
Indeed, a lot of providers for the essays are ready to work with your personal directions even in the area of gambling like this one https://live-casino-online.org...
Unfortunately, there are no many practical up-to-date books for academic writers. The good news is that among these rare findings, you can easily discover real gems. Just like The Writer’s Diet ..
Nowadays, contract cheating has become one of the most frequently discussed issues. And, if you haven’t heard about the notion yet, you are a lucky person. What Is It All About? Contract cheatin..
Thank you for registration. An email has been sent to your email with instructions how to activate your account.